Sunday, February 28, 2010

Robots!

Working with Ben, who has been building props for the 'robot lab' scenes, has been exciting and fulfilling. I can see the set coming together according to my vision, and with possible locations and props actually being built, I have some concrete results that will really bring those scenes to life. Based on concept art from Xander, Ben has begun work on some amazing props for the scenes.

The work Ben has done is exemplary of the vision I have for the project. Using the parts I provided, (which I acquired from Urban Ore), Ben has constructed a Robot prop which matches my vision for the construction from the scientist character, Ren. I will update as his work continues, and I look forward to seeing his final product in my movie. This thing is looking very cool!

Here is what we have so far....

The main "robot", which the character Ren uses to communicate with his artificial intelligence program is called Lam. LAM stands for "Living Artificial Man". Ren will inject this computer program into living human subjects using microscopic machines which attach to the neurons in the human brain and take over higher cognitive functions. Before his human subjects are available, Ren uses a Robot to embody the artificial intelligence program....


No comments:

Post a Comment