Friday, January 28, 2011

Post Production - "Asshole Robot and the Benefits of an Artificial Mind"

This post production process involves close to 9 hours of raw footage....

Capturing the video into the computer was the first step.  That was easy.  I began capturing while I was still shooting, at the end of each shooting day.

Next came the process of viewing and logging the clips.  I would need to log and organize each clip, assigning clips to scenes, and building an editing project in Final Cut Pro.  I separated all the scenes into "bins", labeling each "shot" and every "take".  I ended up with 25 bins, one for each scene from the movie screenplay.  There were 696 separate shots total.  I captured the movie in HD video, which amounts to over 330 gigabytes of data.

I began this extensive process while I was still in production.

During the production, I began to assemble some of the scenes into 'rough cuts'.  I picked 'takes' arbitrarily, putting scenes together according to the script, in order to show the story.  This was a useful tool while shooting, because during some later shoots, I could show the actors and the crew what we had done while we were still working on the scenes.

Once the final day of production had ended, I began the post production process.....


No comments:

Post a Comment